Florida Supervisors of Elections Scholarship
Every year, the Florida Supervisors of Elections offers a scholarship opportunity for students who have finished two years of undergraduate work and are majoring in Political Science/Public Administration/Business Administration or Journalism/Mass Communication. This year, scholarship awards will be made in the amount of $1,200.
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is March 8, 2024.
To be eligible for the FSE Scholarship the student applicant shall:
1. Be either a Political Science/Public Administration/Business Administration or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Have been a resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
4. Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No postgraduate or second-degree students.
5. Be at least a junior in college, or have enough credits for enrollment as a junior prior to the application deadline.
6. Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
7. Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities, as well as, what you have done for your community.
8. Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form, can just send a statement of their financial need.)
9. Have maintained a “C” average or above for the previous school year.
10. Be available for personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
11. BE REGISTERED TO VOTE. (Written verification required by Supervisor submitting application where you are registered to vote.)
In addition, the student must:
- Apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements. (Failure to do so could result in non-consideration).
- Continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements.
- Maintain a “C” average or above.
- Remain in good standing at the institution.
Scholarship must be given to student attending a Florida university or college which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
How to Apply
If you are registered to vote in Walton County, please contact our office for information on how to fill out the scholarship packet and submit it to our office before the deadline.
Walton County Supervisor of Elections
571 E Nelson Ave, Ste 102
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433